This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I get unwanted voice and Toyota announcements whenever using Mozilla browser
I switched to Mozilla as my browser a few weeks ago. All was going well but today, December 21 2010, whenever I used the Mozilla browser I heard a voice with news and announcements. It said "Presenting who knew" by Toyota. It is unwanted, annoying and makes my listening to radio and music impossible. I CANNOT USE THE MOZILLA BROWSER AS SUCH. I seem to be unable to shut the sound off. When using Explorer as browser I do not hear the Toyota piece at the very same sites.
All Replies (1)
Do a malware check with some malware scan programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website