when I check my version of firefox it is version 3.6.10 but google says I am running version 2
For quite a while when visiting youtube I would get a pop up telling me I have an old browser. I am running version Firefox 3.6.10 and always do updates when available. Just now I tried to add some Firefox add ons and got a similar message that I have an old browser. The google site "which browser" tells me I have firefox 2!!
What the heck is going on here and or how do I fix it?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- npmnqmp 07076007
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/18.104.22.168 VRE Toolbar 1.42
You have a user agent that identifies you as Firefox 2.0.014
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/126.96.36.199 VRE Toolbar 1.42
You can check the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page.
You can open the about:config page via the location bar, just like you open a website.
If general.useragent prefs are bold (user set) then you can right-click that pref and choose Reset.
Thank you so much cor-el.
You identified the issue exactly and the procedure worked like a treat. I visited youtube and mozilla and got no error messages. More to the point I visited http://www.whatbrowser.org/en/ and they got it right this time.
Thanks a million