How do I stop the Firefox Updated tab from loading every time I launch Firefox?
Every time I launch Firefox it loads my home page in one tab and the Firefox Updated page in another tab. I do not want or need to see the Firefox Updated page anymore. How do I stop it?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
When it updated to 3.6.8
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_16 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
Tools / Options / Advance / Update
and uncheck whatever you don't want.
I hope this article will help you out of this annoying problem.
Kinds regards, Joren
Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Here's the correct answer, please read this article:
There was already nothing checked on that tab of the options dialog box.
The home page is set to http://ask.com
This setting hasn't changed since before the update was applied (I did check it).
How to set the home page - Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols