Help please I have firefox 2.0 on macosx 10.2.8, cant't install flash 9
I need to use an old mac running os x 10.2.8. I need to run a decent browser so firefox. I installed version 2.0 as it appeared ok. I need at least flash 9 but all attempts to install have failed. Can anyone guide me please? My knowledge of macs is old and from a VERY long time ago ;-)
Additional System Details
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Provides support for Windows Media.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/188.8.131.52
Download the .dmg no problem. From this I get to a window where it obviously unpacks ok but I should see a .pkg file but dont.
I found this download link on this Adobe page. I get a dmg that mounts and displays two files that need to be dragged to /Library/Internet Plug-Ins to be installed. The mounted dmg has aliases to that folder so it looks pretty easy to just drag and drop the files.
Thanks for the info. Tried but to no avail. Also tried installing flash and reinstalling firefox which gave a different problem in that it appeared i didnt haveany flash installed at all. I tested this by going to the adobe site and using their flash version test...according to them I have no flash whatsoever ;-) I have also tried going down in firefox version to 1.0.7. I did this as even though i have heard and read that version 2.0 is ok for 10.2.8 I have also seen elsewhere that it shouldnt work. Im a bit confused and dazed so will try a few experiments over the next few days. But if you have any other thoughts I would be obliged as I will be stuck with this platform for a while.