Search form history does not save in latest version of Gmail but does in older version
In the latest version of Gmail, no search form history will save, but it does in the old version of Gmail. I have checked all clear history settings and they are all correct, as it does not delete any other form history including the old version of Gmail. This only occurs in the new version, which is why I've continued to use the older version. I have also checked for plugin conflicts and there are none. I'm on WinXP-SP3 using the latest 3.6.6 version of Firefox.
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I have the following extensions: Downloadhelper4.7.4, Downloadthemall 1.1.10, Ghostery2.2, Java Console6.0.2, Java Quick Starter1.0, Microsoft .Net Framework Assistant 1.2.1, Multifox 1.2, Screengrab 0.96.3
Gmail may use autocomplete="off" for that form to prevent saving form data.
Here is a bookmarklet to test that: