Keep getting the latest Firefox (3.6.6) update installation request. Each time I follow instructions exactly but I keep getting the same Firefox dialog box asking for 3.6.6 to be installed - from scratch. 6 times already...tiring...what's happening?
A dialog from Firefox keeps popping up on my screening requesting that I update to 3.6.6...which I've done at least 6 starts ( yes, I restart Firefox)... Doesn't seem to stick...just got another dialog window requesting me to update...it's tiring...what's happening?
A few times a week
== over a week or 2 ago and several times since including today, Sat., July 17.
Additional System Details
- -Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update (Software Update not working properly)
After closing Firefox, Remove the files in the updates and updates\0 folder: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Mozilla Firefox\ C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\updates\
(Replacing <user> with your Vista user name.)
If that doesn't work, try downloading the Firefox installer from http://www.getfirefox.com and running it, after exiting Firefox. Your settings won't be lost with this upgrade install.