Firefox upgrade not taking.
When I upgrade Firefox to 3.6.6 it still thinks it's in 22.214.171.124
Additional System Details
- -Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 6.00 for Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/188.8.131.52 NET_mmhpset
You have or had an extension installed (NET_mmhpset) that has changed the user agent from Firefox/3.6.x to Firefox/3.0.x.
You can see the Firefox version at the top and the user agent at bottom of the "Help > About" window (Mac: Firefox > About Mozilla Firefox). You check (compare) what websites see: http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ - Whats My User Agent?
You can check the general.useragent prefs on the about:config page. You can open the about:config page via the location bar, just like you open a website. Filter: general.useragent If general.useragent prefs are bold (user set) then you can right-click that pref and choose Reset.
See Web sites or add-ons incorrectly report incompatible browser and Find what version of Firefox you are using See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resetting_your_useragent_string_to_its_compiled-in_default