I want to get rid of BING!!!
my Google default search engine has suddenly changed into BING search which I ever dislike in my life!! whenever I types a word in the address bar. I used all available solutions (about:config, disabling all bing pugins, uninstalling bing, removing zugo and search in the control panel) but to no avail. I am completely depressed. Pleas help me regain back Google. Thanks.
Just once or twice
== June 25, 2010
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.2
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- Media Go plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 GTB6
I HATE BING. I HATE MICROSOFT and if I can't get rid of them from Firefox then I am going to HATE MOZILLA!
I NEVER EVER WANT TO SEE BING ON MY FIREFOX AGAIN.
I for one have been using Firefox (and until recently when our mailserver/isp buckled to Micro$oft's ploy of offering 'easy, cheap' email services by running everything through the servers at Redmond, Washington; Thunderbird) for years and have switched to yahoo and Zimbra, and now being unable, (or Mozilla's unwillingness to change it) to get rid of BING, I will be switching to Safari (apple) and Opera for what appears to be BING-free browsing. S'long Mozilla. Nice knowin' ya'!
Modified by mausertech29
- * * * *
Modified by Raina
i'm sure there's many ways to get this. for me, it was when i installed something that automatically installed StartNow Toolbar. after i removed it from control panel it went back to normal. however, computer is still a little slow. any way to figure out what's causing that? it didn't used to be slow. have norton antivirus installed.
I'm thrilled to say that I just got rid of Bing--God, I hated it. I tried the about:config both ways--NADA. So I finally went searching for it in Control Panel Programs and Features, and it was masquerading as 'start up tool bar'. I uninstalled that, and Voila!! No more parasitic Bing.