Can't save as PDF from Firefox any more
I can't convert pages to PDF any more. Not sure if this happened when I upgraded Firefox or when, but there is no menu option to convert to PDF. I use the Adobe CS3 suites and Firefox 3.5.9.
Every time Firefox opened
== can't pinpoint it - it used to work
Additional System Details
- -npmnqmp 07103010
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Default Plug-in
- Plug-in for Starfield utilities
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 GTB7.0
Adobe Contribute Toolbar 1.0 is grayed out, says "not compatible with Firefox 3.5.9."
Same thing on my MAC. Started after the latest upgrade.
same problem on my mac
When is someone going to respond? I have to use IE for occasions when I know I'm going to need a PDF of the screen and that just isn't a good solution.
Same problem w W7(64). It works w IE
Still can't create a PDF from Firefox page. I found an add-on here, but the reviews are few and bad.
I can't believe this feature has been lost - it used to work fine. It's a deal-breaker for me. This is why I hate those pressure tactics to upgrade the browser that Firefox does. I caved to it and lost functionality.
"pressure tactics" ??
Automatic installation of security updates is a feature that you can turn off, if you so wish.
Too late now. I can't go back. Firefox, you're not my love any more!
i have the same problem
Have not been to create pdfs and now I get an error message saying that it can not be created and probably does not exist. Then I go to Safari and the very same pdf file that Firefox told does not exist does exist in Safari.
Can not print from Firefox now, also.
I figured it out! I am going to assume you have installed the new Adobe Reader X and that's what's causing the problem. It's NOT Firefox.
Open the Adobe Reader and go to Edit on the top menu. Select Preferences. Click General on the left navigation. Uncheck the box: Enable Protected Mode at Startup Close the document or the reader if no document is open and reopen it. You should see in the General section that the Protected Mode has been disabled because the only option now is to re-enable it.
I did this and am now able to save PDFs through Firefox.
I can only assume that Adobe enabled the protected mode by default to stop the exploits in the Acrobat vulnerabilities because they assume that most people don't know how to protect themselves - and probably rightly so.
Hope this helps!
I went and opened an old pdf file from my hard drive, went to "edit" then to "preferences" select "internet" and unchek the "Display in Read Mode by default" square, then click ok. Now i can save with firefox.