I am Unable to Access the Firefox Menu Button (top right), Or, access the Drop-Down Menu on the HELP Button to REFRESH Firefox. Win-11
Hi, I am Unable to Refresh Firefox, to default setting.. I have did used the 'ReFresh' mode a number of time in past 10-15 years or so.. but, this time on This Computer (Win-11) I am Not able to Access the Firefox Menu Button (top right), Or,
the Drop-Down Menu on the HELP Button, to get to a 'REFRESH' Firefox screen/page, that will Start the Refresh Process..
ALSO, fwiw, my Right Mouse button will not Work, for Any process..
I have always been able find a Refresh Button, that will work Prior, though am Not able to at this Time.. "Copy and Paste' also will not Work..
I have Deleted 'Cookies and Temporary Files' several times, and, Also Rebooted PC 5 or 6 Times to No avail yet as well..
Am I doing something wrong, or What else can I do, (to possibly activate a "Refresh".. I know Bookmarks & History, Passwords, were SAVED.. in Past. Hopefully Will/Can Still be Possible.
Thank You, Sincerely, Earl
All Replies (1)
Do a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall the current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including personal data in profiles created by other Firefox versions
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (64-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (32-bit Firefox) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- it is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems, you can create a new profile as a quick test to see if your current profile is causing the problem.