This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox update 84.0.1 blocked bookmarks and folders
1. Have you tried to move bookmarks from a folder to another or tried to create new folders since the update 84.0.1?
I can't move bookmarks for example from "Other Bookmarks" to "Bookmarks Menu" and I can't create new folders since the update 84.0.1. Nothing happens. Occasionally something happens, but when I restart Firefox, every changes have gone! This is weird. New folders are gone and bookmarks are where they use to be!
2. The "Other Bookmarks" folder is really annoying. What other bookmarks? Why you people decided behalf of me what folders do I need? If I wanted a folder "Other bookmarks", I would created it myself. That's also why I tried to move bookmarks from "Other Bookmarks" to "Bookmarks Menu" but nothing happens.
3. Now some people have decided that they put the Other Bookmarks folder to the Bookmarks Toolbar! Now the Other Bookmarks folder is in two places at the same time! Are you crazy? And I can't even move bookmarks from the Other Bookmarks folder.
4. I did this:
"Try to set browser.toolbars.bookmarks.2h2020 = false + restart."
That will remove the Other Bookmarks folder from the Bookmarks Menu but I still can't move bookmarks or create new folders because of the update 84.0.1?
(edited to fix Firefox version from 80.0.1 to 84.0.1 - c)
Modified by cor-el
All Replies (2)
Corrections: I mean the update 84.0.1. I meant to say: That will remove the Other Bookmarks folder from the Bookmarks Toolbar.
Modified by Aleksi Scott
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
This can be caused by a problem with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite databases in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If errors are reported with "Verify Integrity", close and restart Firefox or reboot and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder