browsing certain websites
Just recently, on certain sites, the page is not loading properly. Looks like all the styling is not loading to the page. Why is this happening?
All Replies (1)
Hi tigers1, a lot of sites store their style sheets on separate servers. Failure to load that content could be caused by
- secure connection error
- block on various "third party" content
- parental control software
- bad weather (or other server issues, but this rare because it's usually a huge server farm)
As a first step in diagnosing this, could you take a look at the Network Monitor tool? You can open that in the lower part of the tab using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Web Developer > Network
- (menu bar) Tools > Web Developer > Network
- (MacOS) Command+alt+e
After that, reload the page (Command+r or the toolbar button). Firefox should start listing all the files it is requesting, along with information about whether the request was successful. If you look at the "Type" column for css files, are those having a problem?
To test whether you can load them "stand alone", try right-click (or Ctrl+click) > Open in New Tab
If there is a connection error, usually you can get more information that way.
Are you able to learn more through that research?