Google Translate Extension not working
Why again? After I reboot my pc and re-install firefox, I re-install back the Google Translate (GT) extension, it's not working like las time anymore.
It used to be I just press translate the entire website will auto translate..now after i reboot my pc and re-download latest Firefox, ur GT extension turned into shit. I add-on this extension 'To Google Translate by Juan Escobar' ...i use on the Chrome, no problem, I can translate the entire website. but I added back the same extension 'To Google Translate by Juan Escobar' in your Firefox it's different! WHY IS THAT? Pls view attachment. It used to be the same with firefox...what happened after the re-download to the latest version Firefox after rebooting my pc?
OS VERSION: WINDOWS 10, 64-bit CURRENT FIREFOX VERSION : 70.0.1 (64-bit)
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0
Hi Ally, the way the first add-on works is by injecting the Google Translate "widget" into the page. This is a script hosted on Google's site and not included with the add-on.
Mozilla recently decided to block add-ons that inject outside scripts into page. This is because the Mozilla Add-ons team can't trust that such scripts will remain unchanged, potentially turning a safe add-on into a dangerous one.
If you need that "in page" translation to work, a partial workaround is to use one of the userscript extensions (Tampermonkey or Violentmonkey) and a userscript to inject Google's script. I posted such a userscript over here:
It doesn't work on every page because some sites block external scripts using Content Security Policy (CSP). (In that case, the inject menu items won't appear.)