No selection to restore previous session after new download of FF
I downloaded a new version of FireFox and tried to quit FireFox normally. It didn't quit so I ForceQuit it. When I brought it back up, the selection to Restore Previous Session was grayed out. I am running OS X High Sierra.
Specifically, I tried to quit FireFox normally, then I ran a Time Machine Backup and when that was done, I Force Quit FireFox. Upon trying to bring up FireFox at this point was when the selection to Restore Previous Session was grayed out.
Can you please tell me where any back up session files are and what I would need to do to restore my prior sessions to FireFox. Since I was doing a Time Machine backup, I may be able to look there as well.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.1.2 Safari/605.1.15
Hi, should always get your Full Version Firefox here :
Everything is geared to Microsoft so hope have info here :
What's What in the Profile :
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
- if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)