export mozilla bookmarks to another PC using mozilla browser
Dear Friends .... How to copy mozilla bookmarks list from xp and export them to win 7 pro & wins 10 using same browser. Thank you very much!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 31.0 r0
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Bookmarks are small enough to email to yourself or to a online mail like Yahoo for storage/backup
Note : you should be running Firefox 52.9.0esr as the last available browser for XP/Vista as Support ended Sept 3rd.
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
Must be missing something? I've located the mozilla profile folder using my xp pc using application basics as suggested. Opened it and sent it to usb. Copied this to newly installed wins 7. However when bookmark is opened with win 7 the user name and/or password does not come up? Thank you very much!
Hi, you asked for bookmarks, gave that and included Profile for information.
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
- if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)