This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Cannot download aniting - Bookmarks dissapeared
HI there! Thanks in advance for your help!
Since las auto-update something changed in Firefox behavior. One one side, bookmarks are strange. If I try to bookmark a page, menu appears empty, like new. Nevertheless, if I 'Show all bookmarks', they're there!
And, whenever I press a 'download button', nothing happens. I can, though, download a pdf file, for instance, if I press CTRL+S
All Replies (3)
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
Hey! Thanks a lot! That seems to work all right! 50% Though, bookmars are all the same than before. I have read about the refresh, but to be honest, since I came out of an update, I did not give it a try =P Although, I've lost customization indeed, like the zooming in each page and the add-ons, as you mentioned.
Fixed! But just the download stuff. The bookmarks are the same. I can see them all and complete if I 'Show all bookmarks'. But if press CTRL+D or the star button, I just see the new-unpopulated menu...
I'd like to ask if you have any clue on what could have gone mad. I just had adblocker and whatsapp addons enabled.
Hi robergto, try running the places verify routine, this might help fix things with the bookmarks database if they're wrong.
- Go to Help -> Troubleshooting Information
- Scroll down the page to find the "Places Database" section (it is near the bottom).
- Click the "Verify Integrity" button, this may take a few seconds to run.
Hopefully the output should look ok, if you're unsure you can paste it here.