Why did you install Video Download Converter by My Way when you updated Mozilla Firefox
When I updated Mozilla Firefox there was also installed Video Download Converter by Mu Way. I didn't ask for this and don't want it. When I enter Firefox this video thing comes on first and I don't get Firefox's opening page. I can't find a way to uninstall this video thing. Why was it also installed and how do I get rid of it?
Additional System Details
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
hi, no genuine firefox update will install such crappy additions. this rather looks like an issue with malware on your system, so please perform all these steps:
- download and install the latest version of firefox from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
- refresh firefox (this will keep your bookmarks and passwords)
- afterwards go to the firefox menu ≡ > addons > extensions and in case there are still extensions listed there, disable them.
- finally run a full scan of your system with different security tools like the free version of malwarebytes and adwcleaner to make sure that adware isn't present in other places of your system as well.