As far as I can tell, there is no way to have Firefox remember your tabs without remembering your history. If I am right, then this is a feature request.
I really don't see why these two things are connected. Just because I want Firefox to remember what I was doing if it crashes or Windows spontaneously reboots overnight doesn't mean I want it to remember years of browsing history. These are two different features that have been unfairly amalgamated.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.16.20039
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.66.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Sling Player 126.96.36.199
- Unity Player 5.0.0f4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Roblox Launcher Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
If I understand correctly you wish firefox to remember the tabs that were open when you closed it the last time?
This can happen, without any special "side effects" of remembering browsing histroy. Go to "Preferences" ( about:preferences ) and you will see an entry "When firefox starts"
On the right of this text, click on the drop down menu and select "show my windows and tabs from last time"
Now every time you fire up firefox it will show the tabs you had open when you closed it the last time
I hope I understand your situation correctly and this works for you
Modified by Linux4Pharmacy
Feature requests can be submitted here: https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback
This is only a problem when you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear the history or have history disabled completely like in permanent Private Browsing mode (Always use Private Browsing mode; Never Remember History).
If you would clear the history manually before closing Firefox then you can still reopen closed tabs. Using "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear the history will take prevalence and open tabs can't be restored.