Firefox slow after windows 10 installation: solution
I have has this problem for ages and have been cursing all and sundry.
However I have found an article that has fixed it for me.
It turns out that during the upgrade to Windows 10 my Power settings were changed from balanced to stable. I reset the power saver settings back to Balanced (recommended) and now Firefox is back to it's original speed.
Videos play without buffereing now and no annoying waiting for script message
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
That was very good work. Well Done.
OMG, I can't believe this worked. what the hell firefox??