Help removing someone else's profile from my gmail log-in window.
Someone else used my computer to log in to their gmail account a long time ago. Now, everytime I want to log in to my gmail account, their profile pops up. I can't log in to delete it, and it is annoying because I'm always asked to log in to their email first...rather than my own. I could easily delete the user when I log on using google chrome...
Additional System Details
- Provides information about the default web browser
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Does the web site go straight to the other account, or place the other user/password into the page login?
Have you tried logging off the other account?
Open the Password Manager and remove the others data. Type about:preferences#security<enter> in the address bar. Press the Saved Passwords button at the lower right.
You can remove the cookies from a website to make the website forget about you.
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Use these steps to remove saved (form) data from a drop-down list:
- click the (empty) input field on the web page to open the drop-down list
- highlight an entry in the drop-down list with the mouse or cursor Down key
do not click the mouse or press the Enter key
- press the Delete key (on Mac: Shift+Delete) to delete the highlighted entry
I can't get in to the other account at all. No one has accessed it for over 3 months...but it continues to be the primary account that pops up when I want to log in. I have to hit "Sign in with a different account."
I tried following your instructions...but nothing seems to have changed.
Thanks for trying to help! Val
Remove History For One Site Open the History Manager <Control><Shift> H. In the search bar, enter the name of the site. Right click on one of the listings and select Forget About This Site. This should remove all information, including any passwords / settings.