remove internal popups and automatic suggestions
Since the last upgrade iv started to recive popups from within firefox asking me to rate firefox, "tips" and trixs, also the searchbar got auto suggestions on installing search for pages i visited etc etc...
How do i turn off all these things?!? I just dont want any suggestions or want to rate anything...
I really really find it very irritating with these changes in UI and these things that break my concentration.
Additional System Details
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- This is the DjView-4.9 version of the DjVu plugin.See DjVuLibre.
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
You can check for recently installed suspicious or unknown extensions.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
You can check the connection settings.
- Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Network : Connection > Settings
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then try to select "No Proxy" if "Use the system proxy settings" or one of the others do not work properly.
See "Firefox connection settings":