Firefox opens automatically to MSN.com
This problem happens when I switch networks. I sometimes need to hop on my phone's hotspot to open a program, after which I switch back to my Verizon hotspot. When I switch from my phone hotspot back to the Jetpack hotspot, sometimes nothing happens, but other times, Firefox opens automatically without me clicking the icon, and it opens to MSN.com--even though I have never been to MSN.com and do not have it set as my homepage. So far, I have tried making my homepage a blank page in Options. When I open Firefox myself, I now have a blank page instead of the homepage, so I know it worked. I disabled the plugin from Cisco and that seemed to work for a while. Now it has started happening again; I do not understand why, and I do not want MSN as my homepage. I also do not want Firefox to open automatically without me doing anything. That's really creepy.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
It could be the homepage of the proxy that the hotspot uses to authenticate you on the network. Ask them too if you do not see any malware that would give the impression.