firefox dev tools inspector window keeps going blank
every few times i switch to FF to debug, the inspector window is totally blank. if i click the inspector tool and highlight html, it will appear to be scrolling over in the inspector window to highlight the code, but the page is totally blank. close/reopen tools fixes, but a few times later its broken again. has been going on for months and months, at least since v32. Using FirefoxDeveloperEdition.
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.10
- Box Edit - A tool for editing files on Box with desktop applications
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- LastPass Plugin
- SiteAdvisor browser plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- Web based SlingPlayer for streaming from Slingbox
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Does this also happen if you use a release version instead of the beta?
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
A new profile didn't help.
I don't know for sure, but it may be triggered by alt-tabbing between Dev Edition and Release.