I use Firefox on Fedora 34 Linux. This is a good quality desktop system, less than a year old. This is my daily driver but I also have a laptop running windo… (ვრცლად)
I use Firefox on Fedora 34 Linux. This is a good quality desktop system, less than a year old. This is my daily driver but I also have a laptop running windows 10 and Firefox.
A couple weeks ago I did a normal system update which included Firefox version 90.0.2. Since that update I have been unable to access my account on Amazon. I can bring up the Amazon web page and I can login as myself. The problem is that I can't put anything in my cart. I get an error page that says "Sorry something went wrong on our end." In the browser console I see an error, "HTTP/2 503 Service Unavailable". I can sometimes view my cart, but most often I can't. Also, when I click on my account information, I get another error page that says, "Sorry we couldn't find that page." The browser console shows a number of "503 Service Unavailable errors", but the last line shows this error (in it's entirety). "GET https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html?ref_=nav_AccountFlyout_ya [HTTP/2 404 Forbidden 215ms]. So, basically I can browse products, but I can't order anything or change any of my account information using Firefox.
So, even though I am logged in, I am being denied access to my account information, including ordering.
These are the things I tried to mitigate the probem.
Cleared browser cache
Cleared all cookies and data for Amazon
Tried different security settings
Reverted to all default settings for browser
Removed Firefox with the dnf utility and deleted all residual Firefox directories that I could find, including in my home directory
Reinstalled Firefox 90.0.2 from Fedora 34 repository
The same problem persists. I get exactly the same behavior.
There is no problem using Chrome on the same Linux machine. This is my workaround.
There is no problem using Firefox 90.0.2 on my Windows 10 laptop.
I only see the problem in Firefox on my Linux desktop which is less than a year old and gives me no other problems what-so-ever.
So far I have not found this or a similar problem on any other website, only Amazon.
I added a screenshot of the last entries in my browser console log which may or may not help.
Thanks for listening.