After a period of time the tab bar stops scrolling or scrolls eratically, the first and last tabs are inaccessible via the mouse
This bug has existed through several versions of FF now. If you have a lot of tabs open (at least enough to activate the 'scroll arrows' on the tab bar) after a period of time (1-3 days) tab scrolling stops working properly and the first and last tabs aren't accessible via the scroll arrows (but can be reached via ctll-tab and crtl-shift-tab. Is there a bug in the database related to this that I can follow?
Sorry, I couldn't find any relevant Bugs with regards to that issue.
Try the Firefox SafeMode to see how it works there.
A troubleshooting mode, which disables most Add-ons.
Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Firefox SafeMode
When in Safe Mode...
- The status of plug-ins is not affected.
- Custom preferences are not affected.
- All extensions are disabled.
- The default theme is used, without a persona.
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored.
- The default toolbar layout is used.
- Hardware acceleration is disabled.
- You can open the Firefox 15.0+ SafeMode by holding the Shft key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item, click on Restart with Add-ons Disabled... while Firefox is running.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shft key) to open it again.
If it is good in the Firefox SafeMode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Or it might be caused by Hardware Acceleration.
When you figure out what is causing that, please let us know. It might help other user's who have that problem.
I asked this question some months ago and several people had the same problem. Similar questions have been asked and closed as well with no solution. Given that this bug takes many hours to manifest it is hard to run in safe mode and get actual work done. I'm re-asking this question hoping to find common ground with other folks experiencing it so as to find a common thread if any. The add-ons currently in use are Adblock-Plus, FIrebug, and Flashblock.
Am now running in Safe Mode.