I am unable to get the Firefox browser window to launch. The application will attempt to open, but the browser window will not appear. Task manager indicates that the pro… (ulteriori informazioni)
I am unable to get the Firefox browser window to launch. The application will attempt to open, but the browser window will not appear. Task manager indicates that the process is running, it just will not launch the window. No amount of restarts or reboots will make a difference. The strange thing about this is that Firefox has never run. This is a new computer and this issue has been a problem since it was first plugged in.
Troubleshooting steps attempted thus far:
1) Attempted to open in safe mode - will not open
2) Attempted to run in administrator mode- will not open
3) Completely uninstalled application, including profile info and reinstalled
4) Uninstalled known conflicts - Skype 4 (do not have Norton)
5) Even though issues since new, I ran a virus scan just in case-nothing
6) Uninstalled Chrome which I installed after originally being unsuccesful at getting FF to install (I uninstalled it before I began all of these troubleshooting steps as I have heard of conflicts)
I am now at a loss and willing to try any other steps that you guys can suggest.
Computer is running Windows 7 pro 64 bit. Running McAffee virus software. There are three identical computers in my office, purchased at exactly the same time with the same configuration. Mine is the only one that will not run firefox. Sadness. Please help, pleeeease...