Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
How do I get rid of 'sweet page' after having used malware softw., reestablishing firefox as hyperlink, rebooting ?
It is not the described sweet pack' but 'sweet page' - presents itself as search engine - supposedly from the Netherlands. I have run malwarebytes anti-malware - no malware found - I reestablished mozilla as hyperlink - rebooted twice - didn't help, it keeps popping up whenever I try t open a new tab. must have happened when I updated Java from the Java homepage. How can I get rid of that? Thank you very much for your efforts, with kind regards Irene Fritz
Tutte le risposte (2)
There's also a separate, hidden setting for new tabs:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste newtab and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the browser.newtab.url preference and enter your preferred page:
- Page thumbnails (default) => about:newtab
- Blank tab => about:blank
- Built-in Firefox home page => about:home
- Any other page => full URL to the page
Press Ctrl+t to open a new tab and verify that it worked. Fixed?
- If Firefox ignores the setting, one of your extensions may be overriding it. You can review, disable, and/or remove extensions on the add-ons page:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > in the left column click Extensions
- If the change works for the rest of your session but at the next startup is back to the unwanted page, you might have a user.js file in your personal Firefox settings folder (your Firefox profile folder). This article describes how to track down and remove the file: How to fix preferences that won't save.