Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
how can I get rid of the footerroll tool bar?
A new toolbar has appeared at the bottom of the screen when BBC website. It links to footerroll.letssearch.com. Can't see anything in any of my add-ons, extensions or installed programs that could be causing it. There are a few other reports of this online as well but nothing yet on how to get rid of it.
hello JCPo, please try launching firefox in safe mode once and see if the issue is occurring there too.Leggere questa risposta nel contesto 👍 1
Tutte le risposte (9)
hello JCPo, please try launching firefox in safe mode once and see if the issue is occurring there too.
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Modificato da cor-el il
Thank you both for your help on this one. It's now sorted. Looks like it was a dodgy extension after all although I had checked them out before I posted. I guess some of them look very innocuous!
ok glad you could resolve it so quickly - can i ask which one of the installed extensions was causing it? maybe other users with the same symptoms will read here too & would be grateful to know what to look out for...
I'm afraid I removed it without taking any notes! However, it was at the beginning of the list so must have begun with 'A' and it contained a reference to shopping. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Your system details list that you fortunately included shows the "Add to Amazon Wish List Button" extension.
Is that the one that you removed?
You can also try to attach a new list of the installed extensions (you can leave out the modified prefs and other data).
- Help > Troubleshooting Information
this is an official addon by amazon, so that's probably not the problem. i suspect it might have been "Complitly - Speed up your search with your personal search suggestions tool" which has inserted the unwanted toolbar.
Looks like it was the Complitly add-on. It's the only one not now installed and the problem has gone away.
ok, thanks again for clarifying!