NEW LINK NEW TAB NOT WORKING
I am Having a little annoying problem the last couple of days at first i set my browser to open any link to a new tab but recently it doesnt work anymore every link i now click just changes the current page instead of opening a new tab it is no big deal i can still use my middle mouse button to open a new tab but still i would like to have my old setting back
Modificato da JinnStyle il
Dettagli aggiuntivi sul sistema
Che cosa è successo
Ogni volta che avvio Firefox
È cominciato quando…
4 or 5 days
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.5
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Pando Web Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- 18.104.22.168 - The WorldWinner plug-in allows you to enjoy online casual games with the thrill of playing for cash and prizes
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
new link to new tab doesnt work
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
- Use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
- Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
Utente che ha posto la domanda
First of all thanks for the fast reply but the safe mode doesn't work either i followed your steps 1 by 1 but still no luck i also tried re-install firefox but no good everything is still the same
i did not install any new plug-ins or add-ons in a while so i have no idea whats causing the problem
J-S opening new tabs with middle mouse button works fine but the left button just changes the current tab
How are you opening links?
The setting in Tools > Options > Tabs: "New pages should be opened in": "a new tab/window" is for links that specify a target window to open the link.
That option allows you to divert such links to a new tab or to the current tab.
For other links use a middle-click or hold down Ctrl and left-click the link or use the right-click context menu.
Uninstall the ASK toolbar from addons and problem ll be solved.
Tools>> addons >> uninstall ASK /Foxit toolbar >> Problem solved
Thanks! That did the trick. I just noticed the tool bar and wondered where it came from. Do you know? E
I had the same problem. I then uninstalled the "Ask Toolbar" in add-ons which has installed itself somehow and the problem went away. Hope this helps anyone else!
I have this problem as well, and tried basically everything (also all of the solutions above). Even a fresh install (didn't help). I have this issue (using the same Logitech LX3) since I switched from Firefox 3.x to 4.x and now 5.x, all on Windows 7.
Basically, the middle mouse button behavior is totally unreliable. Most of the times, it doesn't work at all. However, sometimes it does, but then it may take up many seconds (keeping the middle button pressed) until the tab finally opens... and then it often opens multi. Sometimes the tab(s) open after X seconds while the middle mouse button is still pressed, sometimes it opens after the button was released.
It seems to be a bit better in Private Browsing mode, though. Can't really be more specific: sometimes the middle mouse button opens the new tab after seconds in "using tab x, page y, link z", while it doesn't work on exactely that same page on "using tab x, page y, link z" after doing nothing for 5 minutes.
Thx, working fine for me
There's no ASK Toolbar here. Same problem just started today. Middle button works fine for scrolling or clicking and moving the page up and down, but when I middle-click links, nothing happens.
I disabled Tab Mix Plus 0.3.8.6, and my middle click started working as before.
Tab Mix Plus 0.3.8.6 was the culprit for me too. Too bad, I LOVE TMP, but I use MMB a LOT. Whether the problem arose from a FF update or a TMP update, I'm guessing it's up to TMP to fix the problem. I hope they do.
yup, it was Tab Mix Plus 3.8.6 that ruined the middle click open link in new tab function for me too.
If you have Greasemonkey then Update to the Greasemonkey 0.9.11 version:
Here's what I did in Tab Mix Plus to fix this (I don't know which part actually fixed it, so I've included it all):
- Open the TMP options dialog
- Click on "Events" at the top of the dialog
- Click on the "Tab Opening" tab
- Select "Middle-click or Control-click opens items in current tab"
- Unselect "Middle-click or Control-click opens items in current tab"
- At the bottom of the dialog, under the "Inverse Middle-click or Control-click focus of:" section, select "Links"
- Click the Apply button
- Click the Close button
- Middle-click on a link -- it will now open in a new tab
- Go back into the TMP options to the same place, unselect the "Links" option that you previously selected in step #6, then Apply and Close.
- Middle-click on a link -- it opens in a new tab
updating Greasemonkey as suggested by cor-el immediately fixed my middle click issue. i couldn't figure out what was causing it and i didn't want to lose TMP, so a big thanks for the solution cor-el.
Thanks to everyone who suggested uninstalling the Ask Toolbar... worked like a charm!
It worked, I removed Foxit toolbar.
Happens in Safe Mode also.