Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
cannot connect to web from firefox
When I try to open any of my websites, i.e. e-mail, banking etc. It is telling me that I have a connection problem, tells me they cannot find a server. I did everything suggested but, still isn't working. Help please, I'm going out of my mind!!!! I am using windows xp
Tutte le risposte (1)
Your user agent shows that you run Firefox in compatibility mode for Windows 98 (NT 4.10).
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in compatibility mode. You can open the Properties of the Firefox desktop shortcut via the right-click context menu and check the "Compatibility" tab. Make sure that all items are deselected in the "Compatibility" tab of the Properties window.
Can you post a link to a publicly accessible page (i.e. no authentication or signing on required)?
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window