How do I get the tabs to start working after updating Firefox? It wont open new tabs for me now.
I downloaded the recent update for Firefox and now the new tabs will not work, either by clicking on the "+" symbol or by going to file create a new tab. Ive tried rebooting firefox and have had no luck. Any one else having this issue and know how to fix it?
Dettagli aggiuntivi sul sistema
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.10
- Conduit Plugin 1_0_0
- D'Fusion Web Plug-In (2.30.10826.0)
- D'Fusion Web Plug-In for Safari 64 bits (2.30.10826.0)
- Provides information about the default web browser
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.1990
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 188.8.131.52
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Unity Web Player version 4.1.2f1. (c) 2012 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
We have seen reports about a Community Toolbar extension causing this issue with not being able to open a new tab.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Utente che ha posto la domanda
Ok, well I disabled and removed some things. There is one thing under my plug ins that says it is Unity Player that is known to be vulnerable and should be updated. When i go to update, it brings me to a fact page from Mozilla that this has been disabled because it is known to cause security issues. How can i just remove this from my computer instead of just permanently disabling it? I started in safe mode and the tab issue is now working. But how do I switch back? and see if it works out of safe mode? Just restart?
If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "Firefox > Exit" (Windows: Firefox/File > Exit; Mac: Firefox > Quit Firefox; Linux: Firefox/File > Quit)
You can find the installation path of all plugins on the about:plugins page.