Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
firefox locks my computer error message " could not load XPCOM. "
window7 starts like normal . when I go to my browser I get the can't load XPCOM. message it will not let me on the net // it will not let me use IE for browser says same message . google maybe in this puzzle as well
Tutte le risposte (2)
hello, maybe a clean reinstall can help in this situation:
- download the full firefox setup file from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/
- uninstall firefox on the machine
- manually delete all remaining files in the firefox program folder, which usually resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\
- reinstall firefox
Boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer. Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller: