I flv file that keep coming up on my desktop upon startup. I keep putting them in trash they won't go away enevn when I re-installed. How does it stop doingthis
I downloaded some flv files and then put them in the trash and emptied the trash. Every time I start up firefox the flv files end up on my desk top - if I start up 10 times there will be 10 copies on my desktop. I put firefox in the trash, and then reinstalled it. My bookmarks and add - ons were restored, and the flv files come up every time I re-start firefox. How do I completely start over with installing firefox with nothing saved from earlier versions? Better, is there a way to make the flv files go into the trash and be permanently deleted?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Make sure that you do not have a home page set that includes a page that downloads the file(s). Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols.
- Firefox > Preferences > General > Startup: Home page
Try to delete the downloads.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
Why is it so difficult to get help to solve a problem associated with FireFox. I have windows popping up all over my screen while using firefox that want me to download FLV Player. I will have to find another browser if I cannot solve this problem.
I also have this problem... please with the solutions.
I guess I'm going to a different browser too, at least until I can afford to have someone fix this for me. I hate to leave. I have truly enjoyed Firefox, but these pop-up things are 'really vicious.'.. or at least they seem that way. Sure wish Firefox had some kind of solution that a 'lay person' could understand. I have already eliminated a lot of stuff, they just sneak back in.
Diperbarui oleh marthabz pada
Did you check that you aren't reopening a page that starts the download?
- Tools > Options > General > Startup: "When Firefox Starts": "Show my windows and tabs from last time"
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox profile folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox profile folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost and you will have to recreate them (make a note or bookmark them if possible).
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over the problem.