Program Adobe Reader
Adobe Reader is a free program for viewing and printing PDF documents.
It includes an Adobe Acrobat browser plugin for displaying PDF documents within Firefox and other Web browsers. (By default, Firefox uses its built-in PDF Viewer.)
Table of Contents
Installing and updating Adobe Reader
To install Adobe Reader, please visit the Adobe.com website. To make sure your installation of Adobe Reader includes the latest available security and stability updates, open Adobe Reader, click on the menu and then click .
Viewing PDF files in Firefox
Click the following link to test how PDF files are displayed in Firefox:
By default, Firefox will use its built-in PDF Viewer. To use the Adobe Reader program or browser plugin instead:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the panel. panel and go to the Applications section.
- Select the Portable Document Format (PDF) entry and change the action to use the Adobe Reader program or the Adobe Acrobat plugin.
For more information, see these articles:
- Change what Firefox does when you click on or download a file
- How to disable the built-in PDF viewer and use another viewer
- View PDF files Firefox - Using another PDF viewer.
Getting help with Adobe Reader
Based on information from Adobe Reader (mozillaZine KB)