Find My Device for Firefox OS
Ez a leírás már nincs karbantartva, ezért a tartalma elavult lehet.
Find My Device is one of many Firefox OS features that keeps your information safe and secure. It lets you locate a lost phone, or lock and erase it if you are no longer able to get it back.
Set up Find My Device on your phone
We recommend signing up for Find My Device before you leave home with your new phone. It only takes a few easy steps:
- Tap on the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on in the Account Management section.
- Tap the switch next to Enable Find My Device to turn it on.
- Tap on
- You can log in with an existing Firefox Account. If you are creating a new account, simply enter the email address and password you'd like to use. When you receive a confirmation email, click on the link in the email to confirm your new account.
Find your device
Follow these steps to locate a lost device:
- Visit find.firefox.com and sign in with the same information you used for your device.
- An icon on a map will show you where your phone is.
- Choose from the following actions to locate your phone or protect the information on your phone:
- Ring: This will cause your device to ring at full volume. Use this option to find your phone if it's nearby. When you've found your phone, silence the phone by turning the volume down.
- Lock: This will allow you to remotely lock your device to prevent other people from accessing it without your designated pass code. This option allows you to display a note on your screen (for example, a message for other people who've found your phone).
- Erase: If you have no way of getting your phone back, use this option to erase your information so that nobody else can access it.
Frequently Asked Questions
|How do I silence my device once I find it?||Your device will ring at maximum volume for a brief period once it is located. To silence the ring, use the volume down button to silence it completely.|
|What happens if my device is off at the time that I try to locate it?||Find My Device commands will take effect the next time someone turns your device on.|
|Will my device be found if it doesn't have a SIM card?||Yes, if your device is connected to WiFi, Find My Device can still locate it.|
|I entered the wrong email while trying to sign up for Find My Device. How do I correct it?||Use the back button and enter the correct email. If you've arrived at the confirmation screen with the wrong email address, tapto start over.|
|How do I change my email address on my Find My Device account?||At this time, you can change or unlink an email address by resetting your phone. This will change in the future.|