How do I choose what types of information to sync on Firefox?
Firefox Sync lets you synchronize bookmarks, add-ons, browsing history and other site information across multiple devices. This article shows you how to choose these settings. For information on starting a Sync account or managing your devices, see How do I set up Sync on my computer?
Table of Contents
What types of information can I share across my devices?
You can choose to sync the following types of information on your devices:
- Bookmarks: this allows you to access all your favorite sites on all your synchronized devices.
- History: this allows you to access sites you have visited in the past on all your synchronized devices.
- Open Tabs: your open tabs on other devices can be accessed from the View synced tabs from other devices article for details. button on your computer, and in the Sync tab on your Android device. See the
- Logins: this synchronizes the usernames and passwords you use to log in to websites. If you use a master password, see Using a master password with Sync for important information on how Sync and the master password interact.
- Addresses: this synchronizes the addresses you use to fill in forms on web pages.
- Add-ons: put a check mark in this box if you want to synchronize your add-ons across your devices. Add-ons for the desktop version of Firefox cannot be synchronized with the mobile versions of Firefox.
- Preferences: this synchronizes Firefox's behavior, such as download actions and pop-up blocker settings, across your devices.
Manage Sync information on a computer
- Click on the menu button to open the menu panel.
Click the arrow next to your Firefox Accounts email or display name (you might need to sign in first.)
- Click .
- Put a check mark next to the types of information you want to sync.
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- In the panel, check the types of information you want to sync.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Manage Sync information on an Android device
- Tap the below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) and select (you may need to tap first) . button (either
- Tap and uncheck the items you don't want to synchronize. Your changes will save automatically when you exit.