Toshiba Sattelitte L550D, AMD dual core processor M520, Firefox 3.6 works fine; any later version produces only server not fond for any URL; any one have a fix?
Forgot to mention op system is Windows 7 64 bit; 4 gig memory and a 320 gig 5400 rpm (slow) SATA drive. Have tried Pale Moon with the same result although its site shows the AMD Turion II dual core processor as supported
Dodatni detalji o sustavu
- interneTIFF Internet Imaging
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.04
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Classic Java Plug-in 10.40.2 for Netscape and Mozilla
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Often this is due to a security block, either in your firewall software or other software that controls which programs can access the internet. Do these articles help?
Did you post this from another computer running Windows XP or are you running Firefox in compatibility mode on a Windows 7 computer?
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Thanks but full disable of firewall didn't help.
Yes, the question was poster from my desktop machine which is set to dual boot both windows 7 and Xp. I regularly run spybot scans but I'll try all the others you mentioned.