Why won't my browser history clear?
This latest upgrade has been awful for a very basic computer user like me. I've used Mozilla happily for years but the amount of time I'm spending trying to put it back to the way I like it is starting to make me reconsider the whole thing. Chrome is looking awfully good right now.
I've already spent hours trying to rid myself of the Yahoo thing that just suddenly appeared as my search engine and now my browser history won't clear. I used to be able to go to show all history and delete. Easy! Now even when the history says it's clear, even when I've closed down all the tabs prior to closing down mozilla (except for my home page Google) When I reopen Mozilla the last four tabs are back again. It should, based on my my prior usage, only open to my home page and if I want to restart at my previous tabs it asks me. Why is this happening?
I'm a very basic computer user and this sudden hijacking of my browser and search engine is actully a bit distressing and frankly I'm getting sick of trying to fix it.
Yay, love the internet. Found a way round it and worked out what the problem was. I clicked the wrong thing when settting up my homepage apprently. Complaints about upgrade still stand though. Very frustrating.Read this answer in context 3
Dodatni detalji o sustavu
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Picasa plugin
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
Yay, love the internet. Found a way round it and worked out what the problem was. I clicked the wrong thing when settting up my homepage apprently. Complaints about upgrade still stand though. Very frustrating.
Mikki_lloyd- You didn't answer the question, or resolve anything. People don't ask questions to get empathy!!!!! we want SOLUTIONS — so we ask a question!!! That's how these forums work!!!
So I'll ask it AGAIN. Why can't I delelte my History while using the latest mozilla — when it clearly has a "clear recent history" tab?
What's wrong with you F##$$%G Mozilla???
Izmjenjeno od Brainmann
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode (Never Remember History).
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
I had a similar problem clearing the browser history that was maddening. No matter how much I cleared the history when I went to type in a web address it would still show a list of webpages I had visited that started with similar URLs. It is unclear if this is the exact problem you are experiencing but here is how I fixed it:
- Go to the following menu: Tools > Options > Privacy.
- At the bottom of the menu there is a seperate setting for the Location Bar (which I guess is the term for the area you type in web addresses).
- Change the setting to "When using the location bar suggest NOTHING."
I don't know why they kept this seperate from the other options to clear your history. It seems like a pretty bad design flaw to me, very counterintuitive. I hope that helps.