Opening pdfs via "system handler" won't work (but other file types work)
Hello I want to open pdfs from firefox (snap 101.0.1) with the default application of the system (Xubuntu 22.04) and not open them in a new tab within forefox. But it d… (और पढ़ें)
I want to open pdfs from firefox (snap 101.0.1) with the default application of the system (Xubuntu 22.04) and not open them in a new tab within forefox.
But it does not work, as if there was a problem with the system handler but only for pdfs and not for other file formats.
More details :
- I changed Preferences/general/Applications for pdfs to use either "always ask" (and then chose "open" " With system handler" when asked) or "default system application". In both cases the pdf is downloaded but not opened. If I right click on the downloaded pdf in the list of downloaded files and then chose "open with system handler", nothing happens.
- Opening the pdf inside Firefox works well and opening pdfs saved on my disk (outside firefox) as well.
- Opening other file format by choosing to open them from firefox with the system handler works well too (tested eg with .torrent, .xls, .tif,...).
- I tried to change the default system application for pdf (Atril) to other softwares without success (Okular, Evince).
- If I try to open a .djvu file with the "system handler" it is opened correctly using Atril which is the also default for pdfs... So Atril works for .djvu files but not for pdfs...
- I tried to replace the handlers.json file from my profile by a handler.json file from a brand new profile, without success (I still have a backup of my old profile file if needed). I did that because opening with the system application worked before and the bug appeared after I changed all applications preferences to "always ask" (and there were a lot of them in my rather old handlers.json file).