on my older laptop I by error downloaded a speed up program that was not what it seemed so I deleted this, but it has changed my settings on all of main service settings to disabled and there is no way to start fixing as there is no way to get onto Mozilla help, also tried to start at restore point but to no avail.
- सभी पोस्ट्स
- मददगार समाधानें
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Hi edmeister, that's a grand idea but my problem is my other laptop which will not progress beyond the early stage of start up,therefore as my service settings are mostly disabled and the reset of these is not working. I was thinking that I could copy service settings etc from another pc/laptop and see if that will work. The trouble with that may be I am running four computers and the use three versions of windows.
Hi again edmeister,after pondering onthe proble whilst doing some wood cutting I decided to try and force the start programs into enabled setting , I was supprised to find that after the break my mind seems to work better than plowing on into the early hours in a futile search for solution. When the system settings were changed the start up in safe mode was the way into the reset of all program and other add-on's etc. Touching a huge piece of wood all seems to be well,thanks again for your help and keep up the good work, cheers Verderer 8-)
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.