Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

I cannot log in to any email accounts "user agent missing"

  • 5 प्रत्युत्तर
  • 29
  • 56 views
  • के द्वारा अंतिम प्रतियुतर yamaraion

more options

I suddenly became unable to log in to any email and at least some websites using Firefox. IE8 (64-bit) works. Eventually I determined that part of my Firefox 3.6.13 User Agent String was gone. I reinstalled it but it disappeared later. Now it disappears within seconds but does show on "What is my User Agent" immediately after install. Then it's gone before I can log in to a page.

Your User Agent:

Your IP Address: 108.0.61.125

(No Forwarded IP Given)

The Full Header Sent by Your Browser is:

HTTP_CONNECTION:keep-alive HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE:115 HTTP_ACCEPT:text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET:ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7 HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING:gzip,deflate HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE:en-us,en;q=0.5 HTTP_COOKIE:ASPSESSIONIDQCRRAACS=DGPLICDBLKEBADAFMCPPOCLA HTTP_HOST:whatsmyuseragent.com

QUESTION: Is the information above stored in Registry or where?]

What is missing here is: HTTP_USER_AGENT:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13

 [after "Your User Agent:" above]


This is the part that reinstalls and then disappears. The problem has to be FF or something that is affecting FF, like an Add-On or some stupid or nefarious presence on my computer that only affects FF. I tried installing the earlier version of 1.9.2.12 but the same thing happens.

yamaraion द्वारा सम्पादित

चुने गए समाधान

Make sure that your security software isn't suppressing the user agent.

See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Preferences_not_saved

संदर्भ में यह जवाब पढ़ें 👍 0

All Replies (5)

more options
more options

cor=el,

First link. https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Web%20sites%20or%20add-ons%20incorrectly%20report%20incompatible%20browser

Did not work. ◦general.useragent.override was the only one that had a "reset" option that wasn't greyed out. After following as much of the proceedure as I could the problem was still there. Of course, I never got an "incompatible browser" report. I got a missing USER AGENT report.

However the second link: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resetting_your_useragent_string_to_its_compiled-in_default was more interesting. I reset the about:config file. I then deleted my history and watched the useragent files in config RESET themselves to where they were before I reset them. I connected to a website successfully, then checked WHAT'S MY USER AGENT and it showed no User Agent again. I tried again to connect to the website and got the error.

I returned to About:Config and again reset the general.useragent files. After a while they went back to their pre-reset state on their own. Something is resetting them.

I disabled USERAGENTSWITCHER in FF (which had been installed in an attempt to deal with this problem) I rebooted FF and returned to About:Config where I realized any click after resetting the general.useragent list undid the reset exactly.

I reset the About:Config and immediately closed FF. I then rebooted FF. It was as if I had never reset the general.useragent list.

Something unknown is resetting the general.useragent to pre-reset conditions on my next action. I think the links SHOULD have worked except they are not, so the problem lies elsewhere The "default" user agent is correct....it just keeps disappearing.

more options
more options

चयनित समाधान

Make sure that your security software isn't suppressing the user agent.

See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Preferences_not_saved

more options

Thank you for your insightful responses. They were good leads and I learned a lot from them.

The problem resolved itself when I installed FF4 beta and it updated to FF4b9. Why, I do not know. I assume some corrupted file was completely overwritten by that version. It works fine now and all the problems have resolved themselves.

The suggestion that my security software was responsible is not without merit as I had to remove Zone Alarm Security Engine after which a BOOKMARKS saving glitch resolved itself.

Thanks again.

END THREAD