Sync all windows and tabs
I've read the articles that tell you how to sync between devices and I've done everything in them. Sync is on on both pc laptops, and I've pressed sync on both. I'm not sure what exactly has synced but I'm ultimately, trying to get my open windows with their tabs onto the new device. I'm sure there I a simple step I'm missing. Please help!
All Replies (1)
Alternatively, you can transfer sessionstore.jsonlz4 from the profile folder on the old device to the profile folder on the new device.
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data.
Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)