Trying to play mp4 video, have VLC and VLC plug-in upto date, but it won't play- just hangs (Win XP)
Space for video screen opens, but controls don't work, it just sits there.
Additional System Details
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
Thanks for your response! I find It is highly unlikely that the problem is caused by an issue with Win XP.. If I access the same exact website on Google Chrome, I have no problems at all playing the exact same videos. Thus it must be an issue with Firefox and/or the Firefox VLC plugin.
It is highly unlikely the problem is with Win XP. If I bring up Google Chrome I can access the same website and the same videos and they play just fine. thus it seems the problem must be with Firefox or the VLC Firefox plugin. Thanks1
Hi emzfi, does Google Chrome use a plugin to play the content, or does it play as native HTML5 video? In case someone reading this thread has Windows XP, do you want to post a link to the problem video for testing?
I don't have much knowledge of Chrome, as we almost always use Firefox. As for posting a link, that wouldn't illuminate much as the problem occurs for more than one video (I uploaded another video and the problem was the same.) The plugin freezes for any video I suppose. I would hope by now somebody from VLC might take an interest, but XP is too old I guess. Thanks!