I'm on a Mac Mini running 10.9.5 and Firefox 34.0.5 (which is the latest for my system, as of this writing). I'd been running Firefox without issues for a long ti… (read more)
I'm on a Mac Mini running 10.9.5 and Firefox 34.0.5 (which is the latest for my system, as of this writing). I'd been running Firefox without issues for a long time, but a few days ago I started it up and found that trying to reach the following sites all result in an immediate crash:
1) GMail.com (looks like it crashes once it redirects to gmail.com/intl/en/mail/help/about.html)
I'm finding that each of these addresses will cause Google Chrome to revert to its "Aw Snap!" error message — but Safari will display all of them without any problem.
Here are some things I've tried to solve this:
1) zapped PRAM, reset SMC, ran Apple Hardware Test, repaired disk permissions;
2) COMPLETELY uninstalled Firefox and all associated files/preferences, then started over with a completely new profile;
3) completely uninstalled both Flash and Java, then reinstalled them (I do need Java, unfortunately);
4) ran Firefox in Safe Mode, which doesn't solve the problem;
5) did a whole bunch of things to ensure that all the fonts on my system are valid, and are where they need to be
The only thing that's worked so far is to restart my Mac in Safe Boot Mode, and that plus the fact that these sites crash Firefox and Chrome but not Safari are my only clues... I just don't know what to make of them.
Anyone have any ideas? Something all those sites have in common maybe?