cookie whitelist not working
Every once in a while, I go back and try something that worked in older versions of FF -- accepting some cookies and not accepting others.
In the current version, 59.0.3, I go to options, security and scroll down, I've added yahoo to my Exceptions to "allow" rather than "allow for session" and then set the general setting "keep until they expire". Now, this setup seems to be a way to whitelist only those sites I want to allow cookies, expiring others when I close FF -- as that's the most control I now have, the "ask every time" being gone. However, when I close FF and re-open, it hasn't kept the yahoo cookies as the exception implies it should.
How can I customize which cookies stay past the session and which don't?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0
Hi, you could try this please : uninstall Firefox. Then Delete the Mozilla Firefox Folders in C:\Program Files , C:\Program Files(x86) & C:\ProgramData Then restart system. Then run Windows Disk Cleanup. (Note: This should be Pinned and run Weekly, If never done below expect 10's of gig's) Then run it again and click the button that says Cleanup System Files. Note: your Firefox Profile is saved. But you should make a back up before you do :
Reinstall with Current Release Firefox 59.0.3 with a Full Version Installer
Please update your Flash 27.0 r0 as is a Security Issue : Flash Player Version: 126.96.36.199 Current Version https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>
Please let us know if this solved your issue or if need further assistance.
Let the cookies expire when Firefox is closed to make them session cookies instead of using "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear the cookies.
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> "Use custom settings for history" -> Cookies: Keep until: "I close Firefox"
You can create an "Allow" exception to keep specific cookies.
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" -> Settings
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exception for password and other website specific data
- clearing "Cookies" will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an "Allow" exception you may want to keep