I can't install anything using Firefox
I switched to Mozilla from Chrome temporarily and Mozilla did not have Adobe Flash Player and i could not watch videos, so I tried to download it and it'll get to probably 99% and then stop. It does the same thing when i tried to install Chrome and Origin and I'm sure any other program. I have McAfee virus protection and I read that it might be stopping it from installing so i turned off the firewall and real-time scanning to try to install the programs again and it still did not work. I'm not so sure this is much of a Firefox issue and more of a computer issue but I'm really desperate to fix this issue. edit: I tried to update the browser and it said the reason it could not update was "The integrity of the update could not be verified"
Modified by chiseleddwadle
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.9
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
In the past there were two things:
- Scanwhendone turn off temporarily:
In order to change your Firefox Configuration please do the following steps :# In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
- look for scanwhendone which is a scanner that checks downloads before they complete.
I hope this helps.