Set Screen Lock on Firefox OS
The screen lock feature allows you to make your phone more secure.
Setting the lock
to open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to
- On the resulting screen you will have 2 options:
- - Provides no protection, allowing you to quickly access the homescreen.
- - Allows you to set a four-digit passcode, which protects your phone from intrusions.
Tap the button next to the option you want, or both to turn them on.
Changing your Passcode
You can change your passcode as often as you want.
- To change your current passcode tap the
- Enter your current passcode to authenticate that you are the owner of the device.
- Type in your new desired passcode.
- Tap the
As you turn your phone screen on you will be prompted to enter a passcode to unlock the device.
- To unlock you device, turn the phone screen on. You should see a screen that looks like this:
- If the passcode you enter is correct, you will be allowed to access your device further.
- If the code entered incorrect, you will not be allowed access into the device and will be returned a highlighted red box error.
You can also add a SIM PIN to prevent access to your SIM card.
When enabled, any device containing the SIM card will request the SIM PIN upon restart.
- To set a SIM PIN, tap on to go to the Settings app.
- Swipe up to until your see the Privacy and Security section.
- Tap on .
For more information regarding the SIM PIN, please read Setting the SIM PIN on Firefox OS.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/161sHl8