Ko téma oñeñongatúma. Ejapo porandu pyahu eikotevẽramo pytyvõ.
Firefox 8/9 : graphic corruption causing black box to appear under/over menus or at status location
I have the same problem with Firefox 8 and Firefox 9. I initially installed v9 yesterday and when I saw this problem, I removed it and installed v8. But it did not go away.
Let me put additional informations on this:
- this is not about a missing image. This is about one additional black box area appearing on top of the normal Firefox window. This area is not supposed to be there.
- a black box area sometimes appears on top of a Firefox Menu when it is first displayed and I have to move my mouse over it to refresh the sections my mouse goes over
- a black box area sometimes appears after a Firefox menu has diseapeared and that box occupies the same area and same size as the menu that was there
- a black box area sometimes appears at the bottom left side of the Firefox window (same area where the status is displayed but covering a bigger area) when my mouse hovers an HTML link, buttons, .... any HTML part that sends you else where or makes a window/popup appear
- the black box area is the equivalent of having an image displayed on the screen but that image is actually a random memory address, therefore you see dots and lines just like you have a corrupted image.
- I installed the latest version of Flash just now and it is still happening. Less often but still happening.
Because this looks like displaying corrupted memory informations, I am now thinking that maybe my Firefox will not be stable and crash. I am now thinking to go back to v3.6 if this is not fixed soon.
How can this be still going on as a problem since version 8 and not be addressed officially with a fix ?
My PC configuration : AMD Athlon XP+ 3000, 3Gb Memory, 2 HD where the OS is on one HD and all temp folders are on the other one, Windows XP SP3, ATI HD4650 graphic card, DirextX 9.0c, Motherboard MSI-6712, current resolution used 1024x768x32
Opaite Mbohovái (2)
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Try to disable hardware acceleration.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
If disabling hardware acceleration works then check if there is an update available for your graphics display driver.
Hi, I have the same issue with Firefox 9.0.1 on WinXP, on a Lenovo T420 laptop. I tried to restart in safe mode, unchecking all the boxes at the startup... and it resolved the problem. Disabling hw acceleration doesn't resolve it. Out of safe mode, I tried to disable all extensions, but this doesn't resolve the problem..
What else could I try?