Last night firefox crashed but I just shut down my computer. Now today for the entire day firefox keeps crashing just after just a few minutes, regardless of what I am do… (tuilleadh eolais)
Last night firefox crashed but I just shut down my computer. Now today for the entire day firefox keeps crashing just after just a few minutes, regardless of what I am doing (youtube video, staring at google homepage, in firefox settings).
I read articles suggesting solutions. These are the things I have done to try and fix the problem but they didn't work:
1) I restarted my computer (shut down last night).
2) Performed the sfc scannow function, but found no corruption.
3) Did a Norton quickscan, then a Norton full scan (stopped after 700,000 files), no viruses.
4) Checked my display drivers, both were up to date (Intel and AMD).
5) Checked my network adapters, both were up to date (Intel, Realtek).
6) No Windows updates.
7) Firefox is up to date.
8) Tried safe mode, still crashed.
9) Refreshed firefox, still crashed.
I attached a list of my crash reports, I submitted them just now (didn't realize they didn't submit). I screenshotted it because I thought firefox would crash before I could copy them all. If needed, I can paste them one by one.
I downloaded Chrome, which I'm using right now and it isn't crashing like firefox. However, when I had firefox open at the same time, firefox crashed and caused Chrome to crash as well..
Any help is appreciated. I prefer to continue using firefox because I'm used to it and it has all my saved passwords. I'm scared of reinstalling firefox and losing my saved passwords.