I've used firefox on my current pc ever since i'd set it up about maybe two years ago(??) , it's only today within this hour i'd run into my current problem which renders… (tuilleadh eolais)
I've used firefox on my current pc ever since i'd set it up about maybe two years ago(??) , it's only today within this hour i'd run into my current problem which renders the whole browser completely unusable whereas any other browser works just fine. I haven't found any previous fix for this that actually works.
What it currently does is it just refuses to load Any page at all , prior to now within the same hour it had started to essentially crap out after any amount of time (fast enough for it to happen multiple times over) where it would just stop loading anything. when it had done this it could be fixed after closing and reopening the browser, however now even that does nothing since after it's stopped working altogether.
Either way , however , it had and still does also bring up an error post-close that says it's currently running and needs to be closed, and sometimes it brings up a crash report, neither of which fix anything - the first time it stopped loading anything and i'd closed it a firefox update was called for , honestly i dont think that even really did anything--
Nothing i've read and tried has fixed this , and it'll probably be tommorrow before i try anything new since i would like to just sleephfhfh,,,, but so far i've tried:
- Starting firefox in troubleshoot mode (holding shift at startup) and doing a refresh through this - i'd readded my passwords manually after this.
- Disabling all add-ons (i've only used ShinmigamiEyes, UBlock Origin, and Malwarebytes Browser Guard across the time i've used firefox, all of which long prior to this issue and im sure is not the cause).
- Setting Network.Http.Max-Connections to 48 (had previously been defaulted at 900, reset to said default after this didn't work).
- Restarting my computer (Windows 10 if this matters).
- Troubleshooting my own internet (other browsers and other devices have no problem.)
I plan to do a full scan with AVG tomorrow to see if it's a potential malware problem, which would be weird considering how instantaneous and on-and-off this issue had been until now.
I don't know if this is even on my end but i've been using firefox as my main browser for a long time now and i'd hate to have to transfer everything to a different one because it's just decided to give up on me--
if there's any additional potential fixes anyone would recommend i'd appreciate it, just what i've tried hasn't done anything and it's really disheartening , especially when i dont even know if this is on my end or not--